Flowers for Special Occasions
Why do People Give Flowers on Special Occasions
- Sending flowers as gifts is a long standing tradition. They are a great way of expressing feelings of love and respect without having to use words.
- Flowers are easy to get. People like to give things of beauty to each other and there was a time when such things were not plentiful and were only available to the wealthy. The less well off could at least grow flowers and present them as beautiful symbols of love and are appropriate for men and women.
- Not only are they great on their own, but the addition of flowers to any gift will immediately increase its beauty and value to the receiver. They are also gifts that can be given on almost any occasion whether on the birth of a baby or the death of a loved one.
- With the dawn of the age of the internet it has become so easy to send flowers through online ordering of flower deliveries. There are not many items that can be as easily delivered, i.e. pick up a phone and order or use your computer at home or anywhere.
- Flowers are also a great moral booster. When people are feeling down and need a little boost, the arrival of a beautiful bouquet of flowers lets them know that someone cares and can give an immediate lift and even make their day. This is one of the reasons people often send flower as gifts to their friends and family.
Special Occasions Worthy of a Special Bouquet
A New Baby
A new baby – what better reason to give flowers than to a new mother and child. We deliver special floral designs direct to the hospital or you can collect them from our shop, whichever you choose we are sure that the recipient will be more than pleased.
Surprise your colleague by giving them flowers when they leave or start a new challenge or make changes in their career. What could be nicer than a gift of flowers on these important occasions, they say so much and are always appreciated by the recipient.
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you havent found it yet, keep looking. Dont settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
-Steve Jobs quotes
Moving to a new Home
With all the hustle and bustle and aggravation that comes from the trauma and excitement of moving to a new house, the thoughtful neighbour, at either end of the move, could arrange for the delivery of a floral arrangement, to welcome newcomers or say goodbye to old friends. This one kind thought will always be remembered with affection.
“I give you this to take with you: Nothing remains as it was. If you know this, you can begin again, with pure joy in the uprooting.” ― Judith Minty, Letters to My Daughters
People love receiving flowers on these special occasions. A birthday is an important landmark in everyone’s life and what better way to say “Happy Birthday” than with the gift of flowers. Old or young flowers are one of the best ways to mark the coming of new year.
Wedding Flowers and Anniversary Bouquets
Can you imagine a wedding without flowers? Neither can we. Be a romantic and give the one you love a special delivery of flowers on the morning of the big day. Evergreen Florists can design spectacular arrangements for these occasions, from special deliveries, or table arrangements at restaurants. We can assure you that your partner will be more than pleased. Flowers say so much.
“I’m thinking of you”
There may be no better reason for sending flowers.
Away on business or just to say “thanks” – flowers will always be received gratefully, and the spontaneous gift of flowers says so much more than words ever can.
“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.“
– Alfred Lord Tennyson